CEREC same-day crowns, made while you wait and built to last
At Complete Health Dentistry SoCal, we have invested in various advanced dental technologies and training to support our mission of uncompromising, quality, personalized dental care. Patients of Dr. Erela Katz Rappaport in and around Poway, California, appreciate the convenience, comfort, attractiveness, and lasting strength of “same day” crowns made with CEREC.
CEREC is an acronym that stands for “Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics.”
- The “Chairside” part refers to how our team can complete every step of the process of planning, designing, making, refining, and cementing a dental crown in-house and within one visit.
- Due to this process, dental crowns at Complete Health Dentistry are “Economical.” Return trips and associated fees are eliminated.
- “Restoration” refers to the dental crowns made to “restore” a decayed, broken, or otherwise damaged tooth back to a natural appearance, health, and function.
- “Esthetic” refers to the quality block of dental ceramic used to make the crown. Dr. Rappaport matches the shade of the ceramic to the shade of the surrounding teeth for the most lifelike and natural-looking result.
- Lastly, the “Ceramics” part refers to our use of one of the most coveted types of materials available in dentistry. Dental ceramics such as porcelain are tissue-friendly and safe, and they replicate the appearance and strength of natural teeth, down to the most subtle of properties or details (such as how the light bounces off the restored tooth).
CEREC is a high-tech way to rebuild a portion of a tooth that has been damaged due to progressive decay or other trauma. At Complete Health Dentistry SoCal, we use computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) techniques to make the restoration or crown onsite and while the patient waits. If Dr. Rappaport determines that a CEREC crown is the best approach for you, she starts by taking a non-invasive, gentle “optical impression” of your teeth. This optical impression does not involve using a gag-inducing and uncomfortable bitewing or putty to “scan” the teeth. Specialized software is then employed to transform the images into a 3-dimensional model, which can be adjusted and altered to design a crown that fits precisely to your specifications. The human error that is associated with manual and conventional processes is minimized.
This information about your mouth is then sent to our onsite milling machine, which takes a pre-selected block of porcelain in the correct shade and carves out the crown from ultra-strong, ultra-attractive ceramic. It just takes a few minutes to make your crown! We can immediately place the crown and make any adjustments or refinements onsite. In fact, it is no problem for us to re-make the crown. So, it fits perfectly and looks great – no need for a second or even third trip to our office! Once we have polished the restored tooth and bonded it securely in place, you are good to go. With regular visits to our office for exams and cleanings and excellent home hygiene, our CEREC-made crowns are built to last and last – 10 years or longer.
Call today at (858) 674-5954 if you are overdue for an appointment. Do not wait for problems to arise. Our goal is to preserve and maintain natural, healthy tissues.
We look forward to partnering with you and your family!